Yes, 2010 was a happy year for me although I didn’t write here as much as I’d like to!
So I’ll summarize the 2010 year here.
Be cool. I won’t write an “emo” post telling you how much I love my wife and how happy I am living with her here in São Paulo. This kind of stuff I write on my Facebook!
Well, this is my first news. During last year I came back to the social network world joining Orkut back, Facebook, Twitter (second attempt). So if you are interested follow me there: vivijim
In 2010 I could attend some conferences:
- Linuxcon Brasil – São Paulo/Brasil – At this one I was a speaker with the following presentation: Linux Maturity in the Mobile and Service Market: Towards Domination! - The presentation was good, I could start some interesting discussion around Linux, Maemo and Meego maturity but it was hard to compete with the Jon Corbet that was presenting Linux Kernel news at the same time and even more difficult to speak right after Linus Torvalds and Jim Zemlin, the Executive Director of The Linux Foundation that gave a very passionate Linux presentation. In summary this conference was very good. Much better than I was expecting. Now I’m looking forward the next Linuxcon Brasil!
- Akademy – Tampere/Finland – This conference was also very good and better than I was expecting. The most interesting part was seeing many friends giving very good presentations and talk and share ideas with them and with the great minds of KDE world.
- QtDevDays – Munich/Germany – Collabora was sponsor of this great conference. This conference was the best. It is not just a conference but also has some training sessions that are really good. It was great to see and learn how powerful QML is. I’ve started to use QML after this conference. This is a kind of conference that you learn, practice and come back home with your head full of new ideas and insights. Unfortunately I didn’t come home with an N8 as my friends that won the dinner’s competition. I envy you guys!
- Meego Conference – Dublin/Ireland – Although I didn’t come back from qtdevdays with an N8 I came from Meego Conference with an Intel Ideapad, which is a great tablet. Everybody was attending the conference got one! Besides that the conference was good. There were many people and companies there interested in use meego in TVs and Cars! Great!
During last year, 2010, I fully worked for Collabora as part of a Nokia’s team. The product performance team that takes care of the performance of next Nokia Linux products. It was a great year. Great Job!
In my free time I played with Maemo/MeeGo and QML:
- hidecallerid – This is a Maemo 5 Qt widget that stay in the N900 desktop allowing you to easily hide the caller id before call. with few clicks. This is already published in the garage https://garage.maemo.org/projects/hidecallerid/ However I didn’t add it to extras-devel repository yet because it depends on a new version of telepathy. I also intend to pack this new telepathy version and add to garage… But i didn’t have so much free time to do that yet…
- bubble – A simple QML game that I started to do. The purpose was only learn QML.
- infoaero – A simple QML widget that shows the status of Infraero airports. I just started but there is nothing working and nothing to be published yet.
- daiden – A simple QML app that will help my wife to control her daily finance being a dentist.
From last promise I’ve made here in this blog I couldn’t accomplish only 1 item: Write a post about simplifying memory measurement.
My promisses for 2011 are:
- write the post about simplifying memory measurement
- finish and properly publish those qml apps
- write more here
Happy 2011, with many conferences and much work for all of us!